Using the 1099-NEC State Reporting Add-On is Easy, Just Follow the Below Steps!
1099-NEC STATE REPORTING DETAILS & LIMITATIONS:
- Reporting Limitations - For exactly what the 1099-NEC reporting service includes, please see - 1099-NEC State Reporting Limitations. Some brief highlights are listed below.
- Fully Supported States:
- AR, CA, ID, MA, MI, MO, MS, ND, OK, OR.
- Supported States (Requires Customer to Complete a State Reconciliation Form Separately):
- DC, DE, NJ, WI.
- Supported States (As Long As There is No Withholding):
- AL, CT, KS, MT.
- Un-Supported States:
- AS, AZ, CO, GA, GU, HI, IA, IN, KY, LA, MD, MN, MP, NC, NE, NM, OH, PA, PR, RI, SC, UT, VA, VI, VT, WV.
- Reporting Not Required:
- AK, FL, IL, ME, NH, NV, NY, SD, TN, TX, WA, WY.
- Deadlines - For information regarding state deadlines and order deadlines, please see - 1099-NEC State Deadlines.
- Order deadlines are always 1 week before the state deadline (generally January 24th).
- Pricing - For information regarding pricing, please see - 1099-NEC State Reporting Pricing
- General pricing is $25/state + $.15/record.
- Other Options - What options are available if you are required to report in a state that is un-supported?
- Option 1 - Printing & Mailing Paper Copies -Customers can always download PDF copies, or print paper copies, of tax forms after an order is placed. These forms can then be mailed to the state if the state accepts paper copies.
- Option 2 - 1099 Pro Enterprise Software - The 1099 Pro Enterprise software is a downloadable software product that is offered by 1099 Pro. This product gives users the
ability to create their own electronic files for federal and state reporting purposes. In addition, the 1099 Pro Enterprise software supports the state file creation for ALL tax states (and not just the 1099-NEC).
- For more information, please see - 1099 Pro Enterprise Software.
HOW TO PLACE A 1099-NEC ORDER WITH STATE REPORTING:
- Sign-up for a FREE account or log into your existing account.
- Create your Filers (filing entities) and be sure to enter the additional Filer Information.
- State ID Numbers (State Withholding Account Numbers)
- Extra State Fields if reporting for IA, ID, or WV.
- Manually enter your 1099-NEC tax form or import your 1099-NEC forms from Excel.
- Manually entering a 1099-NEC form:
- Please see our How To Enter a 1099-NEC Form Video.
- Importing from Excel:
- Go to our Sample Import Files and select the "2020_1099-NEC.xls" file.
- If your import file’s column headers don’t match ours, please see our Excel Video Walkthrough of how to copy our column headers to your file.
- Be sure to complete Box 7 "State Income" as many states require this field.
- Add the 1099-NEC forms to your cart and generate summary and/or totals reports.
- See How to Create Reports for more information on generating summary and/or totals reports.
- Select between the “Print/Mail/Efile” or “Efile Only” levels of service.
- If the 1099-NEC form is for a supported state then you will see a purple box labeled "State Filing Services".
- File all Eligible forms with all eligible states: Check this option to report your 1099-NEC tax forms to all supported/eligible states!
- Important: The 1099-NEC state reporting service has important limitations, listed above.
- After placing your order you can utilize any of the below services for no additional cost.
- Download PDF Copies - How to Print a Form (PDF).
- Email PDF Copies - How to Email a Form (PDF).
- Generate Reports - How to Create Reports.
ABOUT 1099-NEC STATE REPORTING:
Any amounts previously reported on the 1099-MISC, in Box 7 nonemployee compensation, are now reprotable on the 1099-NEC tax for Tax Year 2020. Previously, the IRS included
the 1099-MISC in its IRS's Combined Federal/State Filing (CFSF) Program which helped to prevent any additional state direct reporting. For Tax Year 2020, the IRS did not include the 1099-NEC
tax form in the CFSF Program.
This has created many hardships for 1099-NEC filers as they now have to report the 1099-NEC information directly to many of the states. Unfortunately, each state has a different submittal platform, account,
file format, thresholds, and so forth. With eFileMyForms's 1099-NEC state filing service the process is greatly streamlined and simplified.
1099-NEC State Reporting & 1099-NEC State Filing Service